CintaNotes : A short spin

jasonX

Bardzo aktywny
Reakcje/Polubienia
CintaNotes : A short spin

I have CintaNotes sleeping in a partition of mine and I would seldom-to-often use it from time to time then I'd go back to using PolyEdit, EditPad or WordPad for taking down notes plus FastStone Capture for images(screenshot and scrolling mouse capture I can't do without!!). I have the PRO license here with me, which I still haven't used :) but until now I haven't really tinkered with CintaNotes. So this a first in a long time that I have tinkered with CintaNotes for about 2 hours while I am typing this sort of "spin".

Upon first use alongside applications I often use when online, CintaNotes is very light! I almost did not notice any slowdowns and I was even using Photoshop, Word, Powerpoint, WinRAR, FastStone Image Viewer, PolyEdit Lite, EditPad, Faststone Capture alongside browsers (2) and music/music videos played in PotPlayer. CintaNotes gives you the capability to take notes either, manually, clip text from other applications or paste text from the clipboard.
Data whatever it maybe is easy to collect and keep track of both on- and offline. When you run CintaNotes for the first time you will see this blank gui.

kDTq450.png

Settings
CintaNotes settings can be seen in the ‘View’ and ‘Options’ menu. The view menu deals mainly with the programs main window.

zBOgfpZ.png

The ‘Options’ menu shows more advanced settings for Hot Keys, clipping,etc.

AiI0MR2.png

The help menu shows ways to visit Cintanotes websites(About CintaNotes), licensing, updates, etc.

rcbqvdw.png

ukAVMc1.png

Clipping text
Entering notes manually is great if you want to write down some brilliant ideas of your own, but often you will just want to store a piece of information you’ve found somewhere else. This is a case where CintaNotes really shines.

If you are a fast-typer and you need only to enter a small amount of data, you can do it manually. But most of the time the data that you want to store is from somewhere else. In CintaNotes(assuming that it is running --resides in the system tray) you have to just mark the text you want and press Ctrl+F12. The main window will pop up, showing the new note with the text you’ve just selected.

PrTgDhU.png

Taking notes manually
Sometimes while working an idea pops into your head and you want to write that down, say, a quote, or a draft procedure of some kind. To do this, open CintaNotes>select “New Note” command from the “Edit” menu (or just press the Ins key or Ctrl+N). A new note will be created the note editor is displayed. There you can enter a note’s title, text, tags, link and also add some additional remarks.

Z1VeUeK.png

Pasting notes from the clipboard
CintaNotes allows direct text pasting from the clipboard. Go to, Edit>Paste. A new note will be created with the text from the clipboard. Alternatively you can press Ctrl+V to access the Edit command.

AnQHFl0.png

CintaNotes recommends the use of the clipping hot key (Ctrl+F12) because using that also the link to the note’s source. For example, if you clip a note from a web page, the Link field will receive the URL of this page. Select the text you want to copy, press Ctrl+F12 and automatically what you have selected will be shown. You can also set it to open in Editor.

Pasting-notes-from-the-clipboard-21.png

PrTgDhU.png

Editing and formatting notes
Notes can be edited anytime. Just double-click on any note and th editor will appear with your note. Alternatively you can highlight it and press Enter or F2. CintaNotes supports basic text formatting with the help of the Format pop up submenu. Bold, italics, underline, strikeout, monospace and highlighting are supported. Also you can make bulleted and numbered lists.

1fwSg1E.png

HLfFI4P.png

Deleting notes
Deleting notes is also straightforward – select the notes you want to delete, and press the Delete key (or select “Delete” from the “Edit” menu or the note’s context menu). By default, deleted notes go into the CintaNotes own Recycle Bin and is accessible from the File menu. But you can also delete notes permanently with the Shift+Del shortcut.

rrm3sgX.png

Merging notes
While working long across different applications alongside taking notes you end up getting a whole bunch of notes! CintaNotes you can merge all or selected notes together via selecting all of them and choosing the “Edit/Merge” command (or pressing Ctrl+M) or via the right-click>Merge. The selected notes will be merged into one

lxZidhe.png

Taking notes on mobile devices
CintaNotes supports two kinds of synchronization via Simplenote service. To view and edit notes on your mobile devices, you need to sync them with Simplenote. Simplenote is a free cloud service for sharing and synchronizing notes. First, go to simplenote.com to create your Simplenote account.

Taking-notes-on-mobile-devices-1.png

Then open the Synchronization window and log into your Simplenote account.

Taking-notes-on-mobile-devices-23.png

After this, your notes will be synced.

Taking-notes-on-mobile-devices-31.png

Now install and run the Simplenote app on your mobile device and connect it with your account (links to apps for each mobile platform can be found also on the Simplenote website). Each time you create a note with Simplenote on your mobile device, it will automatically be synchronized with the notes on your PC. This way, the notes you take on your phone or tablet PC will be instantly available on your PC.

Taking-notes-on-mobile-devices-45.png

Using Simplenote, you can access your notes from the web and on platforms other than Windows, such as Mac, iOS, Android and Kindle. However, since Simplenote doesn’t support file attachments, CintaNotes uses own server for syncing attached files (up to 100 Mb per user). They are encrypted with your Simplenote password, this means that no one except you will be able to decrypt them.

Note: Dropbox Synchronization is also supported. See source link below to find out how to set up Dropbox Synchronization.

Search functions
CintaNotes (by default) displays all notes which are in the notebook, organized in a list. You can enter a search query to limit the display to the notes satisfying the query. To begin entering the search string, just start typing in the main CintaNotes window. The focus will go to the search box, and the note list will be updated as you type.

GrYPN7e.png

CintaNotes highlights parts of notes which matched your search. You can use the F3 and Shift+F3 keys on the focused note’s text preview to navigate forward and backward through the highlighted matches (the same keys also work in the note editor window for searching selected text).

Search strings are not case-sensitive. To reset the search filter and go back to the full list, click the ‘X’ (close) button inside of the search box, or press Esc. Adding a new note will reset the search filter as well.

By default, CintaNotes searches only from the word boundaries. This means that e.g. when you search for nation, notes containing the word “international” won’t be found. If you want to search also inside of words, you need to activate the “Search inside words” option by clicking on the magnifying glass icon (or simply right-clicking) in the search box, and selecting the “Search inside words” item from the drop-down menu.

nffJB9l.png

Notebooks
CintaNotes stores all the notes you take in a notebook file. On first run, CintaNotes creates a notebook file called “cintanotes.db” in the install location (or the location of the executable if using the portable version). Create new notebooks via the File>New command, and open existing notebooks using the File>Open command and save copies of Notebooks using the File> Save As command. The PRO versions allows for Multiple notebooks.

Rz8vsvj.png

Sections
Sections represent a disjointed set of notes, that is, notes which you’d like to keep separate, but still in the same notebook. Sections are represented as tabs on the Section Bar, which is located at the top right below the main menu and at the top of the main window. It helps you keep notes on different topics apart from each other within one notebook.

Sections in a notebook are represented as tabs on the Section Bar, which is located at the top right below the main menu. When CintaNotes creates a new notebook, it also creates a section called “Main”. Right-clicking on a tab in the Section bar brings up a context menu which contains all section-related commands.

section_bar2.png

To create a New Section, right-click the Section bar>New Section or click the "+" sign at the right-most corner of the Section bar. In the dialog box that comes up you need to specify the name of the new section. You can set the color as you like via the color tab. Note that the final tab color can differ from what you’ve picked: to ensure comfortable brightness and contrast levels, only the hue of the selected color is used.

WoIExON.png

To rename a section, or to change its properties, use the Properties command in the section tab’s context menu.

5Q3At2F.png

Deleting a section is possible through the Delete command of the same menu, or via pressing Ctrl+Shift+Del. Mind that all notes the section contains will be deleted and unrecoverable. If you want to delete the section but keep the notes, you should first move the notes to another section via selecting them and executing the Edit/Move/To Section command (Shift+F6).

c7rWNIS.png

Tags
Tags are keywords used to describe and group your notes. They help you quickly find any piece of information you save, even in a long list. The main difference of tags from sections is that a note can belong to only one section, but have many tags. While editing a note, you can specify any text in the note’s “Tags” field. Later you can use part of this text to quickly filter out notes which don’t contain it in their “Tags” field, thus greatly narrowing down your search.

For example, you might decide to tag notes as a ToDo list with a “ToDo” tag. So every time you take such a note, you put “ToDo” into the “Tags” field. After that this tag will appear on the Tag Sidebar (see the screenshot below), so you will be able to highlight it, and CintaNotes will display just your ToDo notes. Alternatively, you can turn on Tag Search (see “Finding notes” section) and type “ToDo” as your search string.

AiI0MR2.png

FeDa8Aw.png

tag_sidebar2.png

If you want to associate two or more tags with a note, just put them all into the “Tags” separated by spaces (comma and semicolon can also be used but will be automatically converted to spaces).

tags013.png

It is possible to tag several notes at once: just select them and press F4 (or select the Tag… command from the context menu).

tags_add_remove2.png

The Edit/Replace Tags command allows tag renaming, splitting, merging and deleting. Generally, each tag specified in the first edit box is replaced with all tags from the second edit box.

tags_replace4.png

Securing notes
CintaNotes gives you full control over access to all your notes. CintaNotes doesn’t require that you use any cloud drives to store notes. Your notes can reside only on your device, and you can work with them regardless of your Internet connection. The PRO version allows for password protection of notebooks.

Notebook backup
Data loss in any form should be prevented always. With CintaNotes and the minimize the risk of any data loss, it automatically creates backup copies of your notebooks. By default, CintaNotes creates daily and weekly backup copies. Normally, this is enough for working safely, however, you can set CintaNotes to create a backup copy every hour. In case of emergency, you can also create a manual backup with the “Backup Now” command.

LpPWLqb.png

vSCSKhN.png

Multiple Notebooks(PRO only)

Everytime you create a new notebook file or open an existing notebook file, that notebook file will be added to the CintaNotes File menu. To switch between notebooks is then simply a matter of selecting the notebook file from the File menu. The notebooks are all numbered, allowing you to use keyboard shortcuts, so pressing Alt+F2 will change to the second notebook in the list. A notebook can be removed from the list by opening that notebook and selecting the File >Close.

notebook_open2.png

Password Protection(PRO only)
CintaNotes protects your sensitive data and encrypt notebooks using the industry acclaimed AES-256 algorithm. When a password is applied the notebook will always remain encrypted on disk. It will only be decrypted into memory when you enter the password. Note that password protection only currently works with whole notebooks only.

To set the password for the current notebook, select the File / Password Protection command in the main menu. The following window will appear:

pt4fa71.png

Activate the Protect this notebook with a password checkbox and enter the desired password into the New password and Confirm password fields (you need to enter the password twice to minimize the risk of a typo). The controls below allow to configure password options and we’ll examine them in a later section. Press OK and CintaNotes will report progress as it is encrypting the notebook. After the password is set, any access to the notebook when it is locked (more on this in a later section) will require entering the password like this:

To change the password after it has been set, go to the same File / Password Protection window and click on the “Change Password” button.

password_change2.png

The panel with the “New password” and “Confirm password” edit fields will appear. Enter the new password into them, then click on OK and re-enter the old password. After that the notebook will be re-encrypted with the new password.

To remove the password and decrypt the current notebook, simply uncheck the “Protect this notebook with a password” checkbox in the “Password Protection” window. After clicking OK and entering the password for the last time, the notebook will be decrypted.

0TlFR1p.png

Attaching files to notes(PRO only)
CintaNotes allows you to attach documents, e-books, audios, videos and other files to your notes. Just open any note, click on the paperclip button at the top right corner of the editor, and select the files to be attached. To add a file to your note, open the note in the editor and click the paper clip button at the top-right corner to browse for files (or press F12).

file_attachments_paperclp_button1.png

Pick the file you want to attach and click Open to add it to your note. Selecting and attaching multiple files at once is also supported.

file_attachments_browse_for_files3.png

To view or edit an attached file, you need to open the note it belongs to, and double click the necessary attachment (or select it and press Enter). The same can be done by right clicking on the file and choosing Open from the pop-up menu.

file_attachments_file_open.png

This will open the file in the default application for this file type, where you can view and edit it. If you need to open the file with another application, right click on the file and choose the Open With… command from the context menu of the file.

file_attachments_open_with.png

file_attachments_choose_-application.png

It is important to understand that since attachments are stored in the notebook file, CintaNotes needs to extract them to disk before opening in external applications. So when you access an attached file for viewing or editing, CintaNotes saves it to the Temp folder (normally the default path will be C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp), from where it is opened.

To remove an attachment from a note, right click on the file and choose Delete from the context menu (or simply hit Del on the keyboard).

file_attachments_file_delete.png

You can select and delete multiple attachments at once.

file_attachments_multiple_files_delete.png

To remove all attachments, focus the attachment list and press Ctrl+A, and then press Delete.

Pasting Notes to Other Applications(PRO only)
CintaNotes allows you to extract the content of a note to another application running on your Windows PC. Pressing Ctrl+Enter or the middle mouse button will paste the currently selected note (or notes) into the Windows application that was running immediately prior to opening CintaNotes.

extract_note2.png

This feature is a great time saver when writing a report for example. You can be writing in Word, then switch to CintaNotes, select a note which you want to quote, hit Ctrl+Enter and the note is there in your document and you can continue writing.

Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter (or Shift+Middle click) inserts all note fields and not only note text.

Licensing
CintaNotes (by default) is installed under the terms of the Basic (Free) License. But some advanced features are initially locked, and only get unlocked upon upgrading to the PRO license. These (PRO license) features include:

- Simplenote synchronization
- Password protection
- File Attachments
- Multiple notebooks support
- More than 3 tabbed sections
- Linking notes with each other
- Tag hierarchy and expandable tag tree
- Exporting notes to HTML format
- Pasting notes into other applications

Free users can request a 10 day trial key to try out the PRO features without buying the license. Just go to Help>License and click on the “Request 10-day trial” button and you will be redirected to our website for completing a simple request form. Shortly after submitting this form you will receive the trial key delivered to your email.

ukAVMc1.png

You will receive your registration key by email (usually takes several minutes, but in extremely rare cases can take up to 12 hours). You can enter the registration details into the Help/License window in one of three ways:

Option 1: Select the whole purchase confirmation email text, and clip it using the configured clipping hot key (Ctrl+F12 by default) – this is the recommended approach;
Option 2: Copy the email content to clipboard and then open the License window;
Option 3: Manually enter the registration details into the License window.

The regular PRO license is good for 1 year upon installation with free updates and support for the whole year. The regular PRO license continues to be valid after 1 year, but it is only valid for the versions released before this date.Updates/support are available upon renewal of your regular PRO license. The lifetime PRO license is as the word implies, carries updates and support for a lifetime. It is permanently valid for all past and future CintaNotes versions and doesn't require renewal.

So as mentioned,

CintaNotes was so light I almost did not notice any slowdowns and I was even using Photoshop, Word, Powerpoint, WinRAR, FastStone Image Viewer, PolyEdit Lite, EditPad, Faststone Capture alongside browsers (2) and music/music videos played in PotPlayer not to mention my security apps all running (Emsisoft, NVT_Exe Radar, MBAE, MBAM Premium alongside Process Hacker). Using it seems more than just a simple note taking application. I mean I use EditPad or PolyEdit Lite for note-taking (most often) but I manually have to do it all. With the Ctrl+F12 you get all say, from the browser, all the text that I need and the links/source address as well. That clipping hot-key is really great! Search is pretty much good (searches only from the word boundaries) and can search texts that you want fast. But I seem to see that unlike PolyEdit it does not support images and cannot format text color. It does support background color formatting. Backup feature is great! Synch function is fine by me (simple synch is enough for me) but some power users may find it lacking because it only supports Simplenote and Dropbox. Would be nice if they have image support like WordPad and PolyEdit (because for me while I work online I also get the images I need as of the moment with FastStone Capture) but come to think of it CintaNotes is a text-capture based "personal note management application tool" so maybe I am pushing it. Hmm..no Mac version though.

The PRO version will definitely add some more tools and ease of use for the power user. For the simple note taker the free version is more than enough. I would like to state that the "Help and Learning" section of the home page was really helpful as it guided me toward my spin --read and try it out. For the first time user the link is very helpful to them. All in all a CintaNotes is a great applicaion for text-capture based note taking with added bonuses!

Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj się aby zobaczyć!

dinosaur07

Bardzo aktywny
Reakcje/Polubienia
Wow, jasonX what an exhaustive and professional review, excellent job. :hi I really enjoyed it and you made me install the software. :ok

OXYGEN THIEF

Bardzo aktywny
Członek Załogi
Administrator
Reakcje/Polubienia
Miasto
Trololololo
Thanks jasonX :dziękuję

jasonX

Bardzo aktywny
Reakcje/Polubienia
dinosaur07 napisał:
Wow, jasonX what an exhaustive and professional review, excellent job. :hi I really enjoyed it and you made me install the software. :ok
-- Thanks dinosaur07 :) You are correct. It was exhausting! One day spin (the dates on the images shows it) And I have not even tried the PRO features as this spin was with the free version. I have not yet used my PRO license but maybe next week I will :) So I can follow-up on this post.

dinosaur07

Bardzo aktywny
Reakcje/Polubienia
jasonX napisał:
dinosaur07 napisał:
-- Thanks dinosaur07 :) You are correct. It was exhausting! One day spin (the dates on the images shows it) And I have not even tried the PRO features as this spin was with the free version. I have not yet used my PRO license but maybe next week I will :) So I can follow-up on this post.

I look forward to seeing the sequel. :)

andyxa

Bardzo aktywny
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Thanks for the review, jasonX :ok

jasonX

Bardzo aktywny
Reakcje/Polubienia
Hi guys just finished a short spin sequel :)

CintaNotes : A Short Spin (Sequel)

To follow-up on this short spin, I have used the CintaNotes Blog content entitled, "5 Hidden Features for Better Productivity". I activated a long sleeping PRO license so I can try the PRO features in this blog content. I have encountered some difficulties while trying CintaNotes to do what was listed there but managed do some but not all.

5 Hidden Features for Better Productivity

CintaNotes has some powerful features under the hood which you probably didn’t even know existed. Also I’ll show you some creative ways of using the already familiar features. If you’d like to become even more productive with CN, read on!

1. Quickly add and remove tags

To add a tag to a note, you don’t have to open it and type the tag into the “Tags” field. Simply select the note and middle-click on this tag on the Tag Sidebar, and the tag will be added.
-- This I could not do. But I think it will be much faster when set the Clipping to Open in Editor. That when every time you use the clipping hot key the editor window will open and there you can place the tag there as well as the remarks, links and of course edit the contents of the note.

qBo1U8H.png

WJyPuee.png

And if the note already has this tag, middle-clicking will remove it instead of adding. This also works when multiple notes are selected: if some of the notes have the tag, but some don’t, middle-clicking will first add the tag to all notes. Only when all notes have the tag, middle-clicking on it will remove it.

uSao6Nh.png

2. Quickly assign section as inbox

To remind, the inbox section is the section which receives clipped notes. If no section is assigned as inbox, clipped notes go to the currently active section.

So, to quickly mark a section as inbox, simply middle click on the section tab. A down-arrow icon will appear to left of the section name, indicating that this section is designated as inbox now. To remove the inbox status, middle-click on the section tab again.
--This is useful when yuo use CintaNotes with a lot of other sections open in the gui. All notes from the clipping hot key is immediatetly placed onto what you assign as inbox.

CviqlcL.png

Alternatively you can also manually do this when after using the clipping hot key and the editor opens, there you can assign it it's proper section along wiht the tag, remarks and links, attachments.

rKAXlRw.png

3. Pin notes for easier scrolling

You don’t have to open note editor to read long notes. While you hold the spacebar key, all navigation commands – mouse wheel scrolling, arrow keys, Home, End, PgUp and PgDown keys operate on the text of the focused note instead of the note list. Try it out – pick a long note, press and hold the spacebar, and, for example, scroll the mouse wheel.
-- It does save some but that small window there...hmmm. I think I prefer double-clicking so the editor will open and there you can see the whole of the note plus you get the editing tools at hand. See image below. Notice the small window to pin notes on scrolling.

3lTbuVf.png

4. Export notes to PDF (PRO only)

This one is more of a lifehack than a hidden feature, but can be quite useful nevertheless. Although CintaNotes doesn’t have a direct Export to PDF function, you can use the regular Print function and a special “Save as PDF” printer. Note that older Windows versions might not have this printer, in this case, you can use doPDF or similar software.
-- This one is not "export to PDF" but print-to-PDF. You can do this with any other application if you have a PDF printer installed. The attached image was not printed and there was no indication that there was an attachment in the note on the printed PDF. See image below.

g0kRa9m.png

xmsJaGO.png

cWbstRF.png

The only "export to" CintaNotes PRO has is with export to either:

a. webpage
b. xml
c. unicode

Exporting notes with attachments does not also give you an indication that the particular note exported has attachments. See image below.

Qb4AasI.png

PS1A75l.png

0BekpSS.png

The unicode and the xml is the same.

5. Use quick text templates (PRO only)

Of course there’re special programs for quick text templates, but why install something extra when CintaNotes also can do it? Simply press Ctrl+Enter on a note, and its text will be inserted into the window that was active immediately before CintaNotes was activated.

The most convenient way to use it is with the “Show main window” hot key. Press Ctrl+Alt+F12 (or your custom) hot key to activate CN, find the note with the text template, press Ctrl+Enter, done!
-- It is much afster to use the middle-click instead. just selct the note and middle-click. Same result. The note comtent will be pasted on the previous application before CintaNotes.

Vtrb5j4.png

5 More Hidden Features for Better Productivity

Today we’ll examine another five features of CN which are not immediately visible in the UI, but have good chances to save you quite a bit of your valuable time.

6. Quickly search the whole notebook

As usual, let’s start with a “must-know-about” feature. One of the most frequently asked questions is “How do I search in ALL my notes, not only the active section?”

The answer is: simply double click on any section, or press Ctrl+Shift+Space. This will select all sections, and will enable you to search the whole notebook.
--- I observed that in large notes you can still use the "Pin notes for easier scrolling" method. On the note with the large content, press an hold the spacebar and you can use the mouse scroller to scroll through thr whole note. See image below.

Yckeowd.png

gsD4LVU.png

By the way, you might remember that when sections first appeared in CintaNotes 2.0, as soon as you created a new section beyond the default one, a special “All” button appeared to the left of the section tabs. Later it was removed because people kept thinking that it was a section, and because it made the UI bulky. But you still can bring it back if you want to, by setting the sectionbar.allsectionsbutton.displayed parameter to 1 in the cintanotes.settings file. However, I can’t guarantee that this button will still be around in future versions of CN.

J4djTxk.png

7. Bulk note tagging

This feature is not hidden very deep (it has its own menu item, after all), but it is extremely powerful and is heavily underused. To bulk-tag a number of notes, select them, press the F4 key, and enter the tags to add ro remove into the “Add tags” and “Remove tags” boxes.

This is very handy if you want to quickly save current view of notes for further use. Press Ctrl+A to select all currently visible notes and press F4 to tag it with some descriptive tag. If you have PRO license, here you can also use tag hierarchy to make such “saved searches” grouped under some name on the Tag sidebar, for example “*/LargeNotes”.

N1voQ89.png

--- This maybe great for bulk note tagging but in removal of existing tags I feel this isn't great. In the "remove tag" you first need to see what you will be removing. So you will have to double-click "each" note to see what you need to remove and write it down. Afterwhich you can select all notes you want to "bulk tag", press F4 and then in the "Add tags" enter the text you want to tag all notes you selected and then in he "Remove tag" enter what you have previously written down. I do not know if there is some sort of "wildcard" thing that can be used to remove tags from notes selected but at this point just typing " * " can't do it.

l7Xza45.png

8. Multiple clipping hotkeys

Wouldn’t it be nice to have different hotkeys for clipping work-related and personal notes? CintaNotes only allows one clipping hot key, this is true. But no one says that you have to use only one instance of CintaNotes!

Make an additional copy of CintaNotes (using the portable version is most convenient for this, but not strictly necessary). The two instances need to use different notebooks. Now you can configure different hot keys in each instance, and select different color themes so that the color of the tray icon is also different and you can tell the instances from each other.

--Now this I can't do as I tried to run the portable version from Windows AND from a usb stick and it said "Activated already running CintaNotes instance.

RQvZGZb.png

9. Keyboard-only complex tag selections

If you’re a power user of CintaNotes, you probably already know that CintaNotes allows to create complex tag selections using Ctrl-, Alt-, and Shift-clicking on the Tag sidebar. However, many don’t know that the same functionality is available from keyboard, when you enter tags into the search box.

Example 1: You have Tag1 and Tag2 and want to see notes having both of them. Type “Tag1 Tag2” and press Enter (or Ctrl+Enter).

Example 2: You have Tag1 and Tag2 and want to see notes having either of them. Type “Tag1 Tag2” and press Shift+Enter.

Example 3: You have Tag1 and would like to see notes which don’t have it. Type “Tag1” and press Alt+Enter.

Note that the Alt+Enter shortcut also works when some tags are already selected. This means that you can create complex selections by combining the actions from Examples 1-3, like this:

Example 4: You want to select notes that have Tag1 or Tag2 and at the same time don’t have Tag3. Type “Tag1 Tag2” and press Shift+Enter, then type “Tag3” and press Alt+Enter.

--Did not try this one as this seems too technical for the average user.

10. Removing duplicate notes

CintaNotes doesn’t have a separate feature for removing duplicates, but you can take advantage of the fact the the Import feature can do it.

Simply create a new notebook and import your old notebook into it. If you don’t activate the “Allow duplicates” option, all duplicates will be skipped during the import process. After import is completed, CintaNotes will display an information dialog which contains the number of skipped duplicates. Then you can save the new notebook under the name of the old one.

daXU9W5.png

Pasting notes into other applications

Pasting notes from CintaNotes to other applications such as Microsoft Word (.docx) can be done by running MS Word after running CintaNotes. Select the note you want to copy contents from and press Ctrl+Enter or just middle-click. See image below. Note: The application that you want the contents of the note pasted to should be the first application opened after CintaNotes, if not CintaNotes will look for that "first application" and paste the contents there instead of MS Word.

A0YjD1d.png

Note on: Attaching files to notes(PRO only)

It has been showed in the previous "Attaching files to notes(PRO only)" how easy we can add, view, remove attachments etc.

It should be noted that while the "print" function shows a pop-up where you can select what you need print, the attachments are not printed. All you can see is a print of the text from the note itself. There is also "no" indication in the printed material that there was an attachment of some kind.

ipvGkuP.png

Images may show spliced but when you "right-click>Open image in new tab" you can see the whole image.

:)

Alex Jenter

Nowy użytkownik
Reakcje/Polubienia
Hi all,

Author of CintaNotes here ;) ready to answer any questions.
Huge thanks to Jason for such a great review of my program!
I want to note that inability to print attachments is a known issue which is planned to be fixed in one of the next versions.

Zeno

Bardzo aktywny
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Alex Jenter napisał:
Hi all,

Author of CintaNotes here ;) ready to answer any questions.
Huge thanks to Jason for such a great review of my program!
I want to note that inability to print attachments is a known issue which is planned to be fixed in one of the next versions.

Welcome Alex. :hi
Your program is very useful. Good job. :ok
Have a nice day.
:francuz

artoor

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Miasto
Częstochowa
Jason, I've just run through this and must admit - that's impressive! I've been using CintaNotes Pro for some time now and thoroughly agree it's a good piece of well designed tool. Good job!

Andy

Bardzo aktywny
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Thank you for a valuable review. The description shows that the program is very good.
So thank you Alex Jenter and JasonX for good job.
I hope the program will be further developed :england

Do góry