VoodooShield / CyberLock - wersje rozwojowe

A

Anonymous

VoodooShield 3.03 Beta Release

System requirements:

-Windows Vista sp1 and above (XP is not supported!)
-.NET 2.0/3.5 and above

What's new in VoodooShield 3.03 Beta:

-Fix Norton Toolbar issue
-Fix Syncproc (WSA) issue
-Fix duplicated whitelist entries
-Fix empty SHA in whitelist
-Fix not sending network files to VirusTotal
-Some performance improvements
-Little code fixes

It's recommended to turn off or uninstall any old versions of VoodooShield prior to installing the new version or update by using the old version.

Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj się aby zobaczyć!

I jeszcze jedna ciekawostka dotycząca przyszłych wersji VS - developerzy zamierzają zaimplementować AI do swojego programu:

VS is going to have a new feature soon, and there will probably be a few questions, so I figured that I would tell you as much about it now so that you will know what it is all about. The new feature is called “Voodoo Ai” for now, and if anyone has a better, less pretentious name, please let us know and we will change it ;). Voodoo Ai utilizes 3-4 machine learning / artificial intelligence algorithms along with other “features” of the portable executable (PE) binary (exe’s and dll’s) to assist users in making the correct decision (block or allow) when VS prompts them. Machine learning / artificial intelligence is kind of the latest “craze” in security software, and it differs from behavior blocking / heuristics in that the analysis all occurs pre-execution. VS is not the first to offer this (there is at least one other company specializing in this), and in the last 4-5 years there have been a lot of academic studies that have accessed the viability of machine learning and artificial intelligence in detecting malware, and as it turns out, while it will never be 100% perfect, it is quite accurate.

So here is pretty much how it works. When advanced users (like all of the wilders users) see a new file, there are a lot of different “features” of that file that help you and I determine whether it is a malicious file or not… basically if it acts like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck. For example, if the new file is not digitally signed, it is marked as “hidden”, and it just “looks” odd, then we know that it is extremely suspicious. We are using several other features, but I was not planning on listing all of them for obvious reasons ;). BTW, if you guys can think of any tell-tale features of malware, please let me know and I will see if we can add them as well. So basically what this new feature does is combine the 3-4 ML / AI algorithms with the other tell-tale “features” and it decides whether the file should be considered safe or not.

A

Anonymous

VoodooShield 3.04 Beta Release

System requirements
Windows Vista sp1 and above (XP is not supported!)
.NET 2.0/3.5 and above

What's new in VoodooShield 3.04 Beta
Fix closing notification without prompt
Fix synproc issue
Fix exception on exit
Cleanups improvement on application exit

VoodooShield 3.04 Beta Release - known issues
Windows 7 - VoodooShieldService.exe crashes on Windows restart. Impact - fills event log with crash events + crash dumps. Still under investigation

OXYGEN THIEF

Bardzo aktywny
Członek Załogi
Administrator
Reakcje/Polubienia
Miasto
Trololololo
Hi everyone! Vlad wanted me to post the latest version.

Release notes:

- Fix for the updating from the GUI
- Command line prompt fix
- Custom folders enablement
- Remove allow windows store option

Vlad also made a lot of changes to the Custom Folders option. There are a lot of different ways we can handle things in this option, so please let us know what you think! Obviously, we would like to make it as user friendly as possible.

I believe the last bug is the heap corruption bug from the service on Windows 7, if there are other bugs, please let us know!

On the heap corruption bug… how many users are experiencing this bug? Also, if you disable the option “Start VoodooShield when I start Windows” in the GUI, so that the GUI does not start on windows startup… then reboot your computer, does this issue still exist?

Please let me know and we will fix this last bug asap! Thank you!

A

Anonymous

VoodooShield 3.06 Beta Release

System requirements:
.NET 2.0/3.5 and above

What's new in VoodooShield 3.06 Beta:
This release contains the fixes for the following bugs
Starting application from some browsers download window is allowed
Showing propmt for applications started from the Start menu freezes on the shield flashing (win:cool:
After ~30 days of working the auto-deactivation feature becomes unavailable
Starting cmd.exe only shows prompt for command line, rather than for blacked list item

Known issues:
Windows 7 - VoodooShieldService.exe crashes on Windows restart. Impact - fills event log with crash events + crash dumps. Still under investigation

OXYGEN THIEF

Bardzo aktywny
Członek Załogi
Administrator
Reakcje/Polubienia
Miasto
Trololololo
VoodooAi

Here is a quick portable beta version of VoodooAi. There is still a little more tweaking that needs to be done, but this will give you an idea of how well VoodooAi is going to do.

THIS BETA PORTABLE VERSION REQUIRES .NET 4.5!!!

Vlad is integrating VoodooAi into VS, and will convert it to 3.5 during this process so this will not be a requirement soon. Originally, VoodooAi was going to be a web app, not unlike VirusTotal, so that is why I started it in .net 4.5. Then I thought it would be cool to have a standalone app, and obviously to integrate it into VS.

A little more about VoodooAi… it has an amazing ability to detect files that contain code that could be used maliciously, but it does not try to figure out the intent of the code… like did the author intend for the code to be malicious. As a result, a lot of system utilities and virus removal tools will be classified as Unsafe. Then again, maybe that is a better approach anyway… Instead of trying to guess whether the author intended to harm your computer, maybe it is better to just let the user know that the file they are about to allow contains code that has the potential to be malicious. Maybe that is where the AV industry went wrong… they were trying to guess the intention of authors, when really they should have just been examining the code to see if it has the potential to do something malicious? Just a thought.

Pobieranko

Info

A

Anonymous

VoodooShield 3.07 Beta Release

System requirements:

.NET 2.0/3.5 and above

What's new in VoodooShield 3.06 Beta:

Windows 7 - VoodooShieldService.exe crashes on Windows restart. Impact - fills event log with crash events + crash dumps.
Small GUI bugs

A

Anonymous

VoodooShield 3.08 Beta Release

System requirements:
.NET 2.0/3.5 and above
What's new in VoodooShield 3.08 Beta:

BSOD caused by VS driver under some circumstances.
dismhost.exe bug fix
Fix non-opening chrome (frequent bug)
Better exception handling (to make VS less crashing)
Fix installer to not install on XP

Known issues
Sometimes gray user prompt is shown - unable to reproduce, so still trying to find what could be a problem

A

Anonymous

VoodooShield 3.09 Beta Release

System requirements:
.NET 2.0/3.5 and above

What's new in VoodooShield 3.09 Beta:

This release contains:
Added the new Edit form for editing Command Lines with wildcard support (currently only * and ? are supported for wildcards)
Added search box to Whitelist, Command lines and Quarantine lists
Improved performance of User Log, Whitelist, Quarantine and Command Line lists
Some small bugs fixes

Known issues
Sometimes gray user prompt is shown - have direction of an investigation

Tadek59

Bardzo aktywny
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Witam

VoodooShield 3.10 Beta Release

What's new in VoodooShield 3.10 Beta:

This release contains:
New! VoodooAi integrated
Fix! User log and Whitelist crashes fixes
Fix! Gray prompt fixed
Fix! dismhost bug fixed
Added time to whitelist grid
Edit command line dialog improvement - dialog size, handle Enter/Esc
Added support for SHA256 installer signature - in the next release the installer will have SHA256 signature as well to support Win10

Link :

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Voodooshield 3.45 Beta

Fixed: Multiple monitor right click menu issue. Right click menu now appears at the bottom right of the main monitor for more then one Monitor, for single monitor it stay as it was before.
Fixed: Editing a Command Line wildcard doesn't delete the matching Command Lines. Editing a command line now auto-refreshes the Command Lines window afterwards
Fixed: "File is inaccessible or no longer exists" bug
Fixed: other small bugs and glitches
New: Double click on one of the command lines in the "Command Lines" window will bring up the edit screen.
Fixed: a small bug with VS running in VirtualBox. The desktop shield gadget would not always refresh properly after flashing when running on VirtualBox, but it is fixed now.

Voodooshield 3.46 Beta

The following should be fixed in this version (along with several other small bug fixes).
The “file that is inaccessible, or no longer exists” issue should be resolved once and for all
Powershell scripts should work well now
The majority of command lines are now auto allowed… but only when safe to do so

Voodooshield 3.48 Beta

Restore file from quarantine using context menu issue resolved
Chrome setup issue resolved
Changed method used to check to see if there is an active internet connection or not (that way it knows whether to upload to the blacklist or VoodooAi, or not) as old method could cause slowdown when using VS
New: Automatic update and check for updates now working for this and subsequent beta releases

VoodooShield 3.49 beta

Man, I never thought the VoodooAi 2.0 / VoodooAi Cloud implementation and the VS 3.5 refinements were EVER going to end… sorry it took so long. VoodooAi 2.0 is obviously the biggest and most important part of this version, but there were a lot of other bug fixes and refinements as well, but you will not notice hardly any cosmetic changes. I did temporarily disable the progress bar… it was causing a few minor issues, but I will enable it again soon.

I have to tell you guys… with around 10 times the features of the original version, VoodooAi 2.0 seriously turned out amazing and it far exceeded every expectation that I had. So much so, that we might soon have a stand-alone realtime VoodooAi product that will compete directly with the other next gen Ai products… although you know me, I strongly feel that the computer should be locked when it is at risk ;). It would just be nice to have a free Ai option for the people who do not want to lock their computers… although VS’s AutoPilot mode pretty much does this already ;).

Also, the realtime Ai scanner is pretty much ready, I will be activating it soon, along with the new web management console. BTW, the realtime Ai scanner will show the Ai results in Settings / Whitelist for all of the whitelisted items. Hopefully soon VoodooAi will be on the VT engine list and hopefully we will be able to list the blacklist results for each item as well.

So here is the latest version, it seems to be extremely stable. Although there were massive changes, I highly doubt there will be any serious bugs, but if you guys find anything, please let me know and I will fix them very quickly. The goal is to have VS 3.5 completely stable and bug free by the end of the year… we are very close. I think most or all of the bugs that you guys have posted the last couple of months are fixed, but if not, please let me know!

Thank you for all of your help!!! Also, once again, sorry I have been away and have not been too responsive the last couple of months, so thank you for your patients! Hopefully things will return to normal very soon… we are almost there!!!

Happy holidays / Merry Christmas everyone!!!

SKIBA

Bardzo aktywny
Reakcje/Polubienia
Jest już wersja 3.50. Ciekawe, dlaczego twórcy bawią się w wersje beta.

Do góry