Restore Point Creator

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 3.9 Build 3
April 30, 2016 -- Version 3.9 Build 3
Fixed a crash on the Mount Volume Shadow Copy window that could occur in a rare situation if there are two restore points on the system that have the exact same creation date AND time. Thanks goes out to Dan Ausili for reporting this issue to me.

April 29, 2016 -- Version 3.9 Build 2
Fixed crash issue on Create a Restore Point at Logon window. Thanks goes out to David Sachs, Nuno Filipe Rego, and "Brian" for reporting this issue to me.

Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj się aby zobaczyć!
Portable:

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 4.0 Build 1
May 10, 2016 -- Version 4.0 Build 1
I HAVE TAMED THE BEAST! I have tamed the beast that is Windows System Restore on Windows 8.x and Windows 10! For those that don't know or haven't experienced this issue, Windows 8.x and Windows 10 has a tendency of deleting old restore points regardless of the fact that you have enough space allocated to store those restore points. It seems that as soon as those older restore points get older than 17 days they get deleted. This wasn't the case on Windows 7, Windows 7 would keep restore points for as long as you had the space to store them. This was one of the most annoying issues that I had with Windows 8.x and Windows 10, until now. Thanks to Gregory M. Day, he found that there is a background task that is run every time you restart your computer and guess what? It was what was responsible for deleting those restore points. So, Restore Point Creator now has code in it to disable this task so you, the user, now have more control than ever before over Windows System Restore. Many thanks goes out to Gregory M. Day, his observations helped cure Windows 8.x and Windows 10 of this System Restore curse. But enough about that... now onto the fixes. Included crash output for WMI Shadow Storage Provider Failures. Included a link to an FAQ on my web site in the program. Added an "Age in Days" column to the restore point list on the main window. You can control how many decimal places that the age of restore points are rounded in days by going to Program Options/Settings, Round the age of restore points in days to how many decimals? Added the ability to rearrange the columns in the restore point list. The placements of those columns are saved in the user preferences. Added the ability to just press the Enter button to begin search on the Event Log search tool. Backup files no longer contain settings that have no value. Did a slight redesign to the Event Log search tool window. The search button no longer has text, it only has an icon. It's also been moved to the right of the search terms text box. More user preferences are now being saved to the configuration backup file. Restoring a configuration backup no longer requires a program relaunch. Fixed a bug on the Task Scheduler window in which it was getting data from the wrong place for whether or not the "Delete Old System Restore Points After Scheduled Restore Point is created" checkbox is checked. Fixed a bug in configuration backup and restore tool in which Registry settings were getting mangled. Fixed a bug in the scheduled task for creating restore points in which the program wasn't logging the end of the task if the program was told to delete old restore points as part of the task.

Portable:

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 4.1 Build 3
May 16, 2016 -- Version 4.1 Build 3
This is a minor update. Implemented a fix for the getFullOSVersionString() function in which garbled data may be returned on systems running non-English operating systems. This is especially so for Russian versions of Windows. The fix includes hard coded version name strings for the various versions of Windows.

May 16, 2016 -- Version 4.1 Build 2
Minor update to remove some unnecessary code after Build 1 compile.

May 16, 2016 -- Version 4.1 Build 1
I'm going to go back to my promise that there will be less updates and when I do update the program, those updates be farther apart in time to allow for more fixes to be included and more testing to be done. Starting with this new version, it's chock full of fixes and overall improvements. Fixed a small bug on the main window in which the Restore Point Name text box wasn't being cleared after the creation of a custom-named restore point. Included more wording on the Official Contact Form and the Crash Data Submission form that email addresses will be kept STRICTLY confidential and that they will NOT be included in a mailing list, sold to third-parties, or anything of the like. I have had some submissions in the past that resulted in reply email addresses that don't exist. If I don't get a valid email address, how can I contact you? The Event Log search tool now tells you if you if it didn't find any results and how many results it found, it also scrolls to the top of the event log list after the search is complete. Fixed the Event Log Search Tool in which the text box to enter in a search term is automatically selected when the window appears. Set the default button on the message box asking if you want to submit a crash report in the Event Log Viewer to be No. Changing the bar color on the Disk Space Usage tool no longer triggers a data refresh, only the color of the bars change. Made it so that the "Manage System Restore Space" blue link only shows up for the system drive on the Disk Space Usage tool. Removed a bit of debug code in the Set Progress Bar Color routine in which a message box appeared out of nowhere. Made it so that when manually submitting crash reports from the Event Log Viewer the program will no longer close after a successful data submission. Fixed a bug on the Task Scheduler window in which the Every setting would always be set to 2 even if you input a valid input. The Task Scheduler now uses the Recurrence option in the Windows Task Scheduler as versus using internal program logic to determine if a scheduled restore point is needed. Any scheduled restore point tasks will be upgraded as required the first time you launch the program. Fixed scheduled restore points in situations where the Every setting was set and that it wasn't creating restore points as required. Fixed the checking of the "days" check boxes when loading the Task Scheduler window and the schedule type is a weekly type. From this point on the Windows XP notice will be a permanent thing, you will no longer be able to disable the window from coming back every time you launch the program. A lot of fixes for Windows XP on the main window as well as the Disk Space Usage tool. Included documentation for the various command line arguments that the program accepts. Added an additional command line argument for the "-createrestorepoint" argument. Included a handler for an System.OutOfMemoryException exception. WHEW! That's a lot of stuff!

Portable:

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 4.1 Build 4
May 27, 2016 -- Version 4.1 Build 4
Implemented some changes to the code on the Disk Space Usage window to hopefully solve a System.InvalidOperationException when loading the window. This crash seems to be something that doesn't happen to everyone so tracking down why this issue is happening is frustrating to say the least. Put some code into the Event Log Search Tool to prevent you from searching when you haven't yet put any search terms into the search box. Implemented the ability for the Event Log Search Tool to be repopulated with your past search terms. Added the ability to add file attachments to the Official Contact Form that you can access by going to About and then Contact the Developer. This makes it easy to send files such as screen shots and text files to me. All you have to do is add some files to the list, press the Submit Message button, and the program ZIPs the files and sends them on their way.

Portable:

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 4.2 Build 1

Ah the number 42; the answer to life, the universe, and everything. This version of System Restore Point Creator has had all references to Windows XP removed and will not function on Windows XP. If this version is run on Windows XP the program will offer to download the last version that supports Windows XP. It's quite liberating to no longer have to support that ancient version of Windows. Fixed a potential System.TypeInitializationException crash in the routine that adds the Windows quick launch tasks for the taskbar. Added the ability for the program to saved the column sorting order for restore points, this was a suggested by Andrey Chernov. Fixed some user input validation issues on the Task Scheduler window for the Max Age setting, thanks goes out to "Paul" for reporting this issue. Improved much of the code that handles HTTP requests to better handle errors. Fixed a possible issue in which the program can't find the shutdown.exe command line tool to trigger a system reboot due to incorrect environmental paths, the fix includes a full path reference to the shutdown.exe tool located in Windows\System32. Thanks goes out to Ehoud Gluska for reporting this issue to me. The Manage System Restore Storage Space tool has been redone to only control the space assigned to the System Drive since for consumer versions of Windows that's all that counts. Redesigned the Disk Space Usage tool with a complete code rewrite

Restore Point Creator 4.2 Build 2

Fixed a System.IO.IOException on the Disk Space Usage window if the device that the program is attempting to get the details of is not ready (whatever that means).

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 4.2 Build 3

Includes even more modifications to the Disk Space Usage tool to provide more information along with a better data layout which makes things much easier to read and understand. I guarantee you that you're going to like this new layout! A lot of work went into making this new layout possible.

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 4.3 Build 2
June 15, 2016 -- Version 4.3 Build 2
Removed some debug code that was left in the Shadow Copy Mount tool that was left in by mistake in the last build.

June 15, 2016 -- Version 4.3 Build 1
Changed all of the functions that have to do with HTTP calls over to my custom-written HTTP wrapper to make things easier on me. Changed the way that the Mount Volume Shadow Copy tool loads the shadow copy instances that are on your system. Optimized much of the code that's used in the Disk Space Usage tool. Implemented checks on the Official Contact Form to check for duplicate attached files. Checksum verifications will now use SHA256 instead of the older (and now broken) SHA1 implementation. This change comes because I'm no longer tied to Windows XP.
Instalator:

Portable:

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 4.4 Build 1
June 21, 2016 -- Version 4.4 Build 1
I have significantly slowed down on the updates and have reduced it to a twice a month update schedule. Beta version releases will still use a rapid release schedule so if you don't like constant updates, step back to the Stable Update Channel. The next scheduled update (if one is needed) will be on or around July 15th. Anyways, onto the update details...{newLine}{newLine}Updated the HTTPHelper class to version 1.120. Put some more wording on the exception/crash submission forms to tell users to provide valid email addresses. I still receive exception/crash reports with invalid email addresses. Seriously people, how am I supposed to contact you if you don't provide a valid email address? That's right... I can't. I'M NOT GOING TO SELL YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO SPAMMERS!!!{newLine}{newLine}Put some additional checks in the update download routine. Put some additional checks in the update download routine. Fixed a possible arithmetic error while calculating disk space usage percentage values that could cause a System.OverflowException when creating the disk usage bars on the Disk Space Usage Tool and the Manage System Restore Storage Space tool, this has been fixed by changing to a ULong or Unsigned 64-bit data type. Thanks goes out to Brian L. for reporting this issue to me. Some code has been optimized in the Manage Disk Space Usage tool. Added the ability to export program event log data to a file. You can add the event log data as an attached file on the Official Contact Form as well as sending it as part of the crash data that's sent to me for analysis. Some code organization has been done to many of the variables and constants that are used throughout the program. Fixed the sorting of days in the list of restore points in which the day numbers weren't being sorted properly. Thanks goes out to Andrey Chernov for reporting this issue to me. Implemented a potential fix to the getDeviceIDFromDriveLetter() function in which a crash could occur. Thanks goes out to Thurman Kilgore for reporting this issue to me. Reworked some of the exception handling code to better handle non-English operating systems. Added more handling of Management.ManagementException exceptions. Updated the copyright line in the program's assembly information.
Instalator:

Portable:

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 4.5 Build 2
July 16, 2016 -- Version 4.5 Build 2
Fixed placement of secure icon on update message dialog.

July 16, 2016 -- Version 4.5 Build 1
General public releases of System Restore Point Creator will now use a 15-day cycle. Every fifteen days a new version be scheduled to come out if and when needed. This is to help slow down on the release of new versions. This also means that more testing will be done to make sure that new additions, features, and bug fixes are stable before the program is released. More public beta testing will be done to catch bugs before they impact the general public.

And now onto the fixes and additions in this new version...

Changed some things in the program's embedded manifest file to finally fix DPI scaling issues on Windows systems that have high DPI displays. Changed the caption of the menu item "Interface too small? Enable this option" to read "Interface too big? Enable this option". Changed much of the error handling that occurs with HTTP requests to use a centralized error handler to make HTTP error handling more consistent throughout the program. Fixed a major issue that could cause the program to crash with a fatal Stack Overflow Exception caused by a recursive call of the getFullOSVersionString() and writeCrashToEventLog() functions being called back-to-back in an infinite loop until the program crashes. Thanks goes out to Vladimir aka "bob2000" for having the time and patience to work with me in solving this issue, he provided me a lot of data including full memory dump files which allowed me to finally kill this bug. I couldn't have done it without him. Updated the HTTPHelper class to version 1.150. Added detection for System.IO.FileLoadException exceptions. Optimized some of the exception handling code with more efficient string search code. Renamed the "Restore Point Creator System Event Log" window to "Restore Point Creator Application Event Log". Added images to the buttons on the Restore Point Creator Application Event Log window. Renamed "System Event Log" to "Application Event Log" in the System Restore Point Utilities menu on the main window. Removed some old code that isn't needed anymore. Organized a lot of the internal code structured. Changed the way that dates are written in the exported log files. Dates are now being represented as UNIX timestamps for universal compatibility between different language editions of Windows. Added the ability to save the sorting preferences for the event log list just like on the main window for the restore point list. Fixed a possible crash issue on the Manage System Restore Storage Space window. Thanks goes out to Alan for reporting this issue to me. Fixed a possible crash that could occur while creating jumplist tasks. Thanks goes out to David for reporting this issue to me.
Instalator:

Portable:

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 4.6 Build 1

Cleaned up and optimized much of the code used to verify scheduled task path info. Included code to correct scheduled tasks that had been incorrectly created in the past with quotes in the path to the executable. This didn't technically cause an issue but correcting the paths so that they contain no quotes is still a good idea. Moved a routine that ran during the program's main form load routine to a run in a separate thread. Added some additional background thread watchdogs to terminate threads after 30 seconds of runtime. Updated embedded Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler library DLL to version 2.5.20. Included debug symbol files for the Task Scheduler DLL component that's part of the program's distribution. In the future whenever updating from a beta or release candidate of a previous version to a new version the program will download from the stable branch and not the beta branch of the new version. New update logic code has been implemented that no longer requires the need of a separate updating program. All updating is now done internally by the program itself. Added the ability for the Task Scheduler window to show the next and last run times of the scheduled task.

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 4.7 Build 2
August 17, 2016 -- Version 4.7 Build 2
Despite the amount of testing that was done during the public beta phase, some issues came up. Issues with setting the MultiRun flag for existing runtime tasks had some issues, this has been corrected by removing that part of the program. This functionality may come back in the future. Thanks goes out to Slim McCoy and Jan van der Stegen for reporting this issue to me. Fixed an issue in which the vssadmin.exe command may be restricted by Group Policy Software Restrictions, included a workaround for this issue. Thanks goes out to Martin Hill for reporting this issue to me.
August 16, 2016 -- Version 4.7 Build 1
Lots of fixes and improvements are in this new version, probably more than any past version of this program to date. And yes I know, this version is late (it wasn't released on the 15th of the month); it needed more testing by users of the public beta branch which is what the public beta branch is meant for. Oh well, at least it was late by only one day; I can live with that.

You the user has even more control over how updates occur when subscribed to the beta update channel. You have two options. Test both beta AND release candidate versions or just release candidate versions. Obviously beta versions will be more unstable because that's where new code is tested, only until I see that the code is semi-stable does it move into the release candidate stage and then finally into general release. The default option is to test both beta and release candidate versions.

And now for the massive load of fixes and improvements to the program.

Made some improvements to the update code, now one compressed ZIP file containing the required two files for an update is downloaded instead of two uncompressed files. This should help speed up the downloads of updates. Included additional version info that's written to the Application Event Log when updating. Included the ability to save the position of the main window on the screen. Changed some of the code checking to see if system restore is enabled on a system drive. Put log entry code into the function that checks if system restore is enabled on a system drive. Removed the option to disable HTTP Compression since that's no longer applicable to the update code. Included better handling of the PDB file while updating. Included better handling of situations in which files can't be replaced for whatever reason; this has been resolved by allowing for the schedule of file updating/replacement at system restart time. Updated embedded Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler library DLL to version 2.5.21. Fixed some minor warnings that pop up at compile time. Updated to allow for multiple instances of System Restore Point Creator to be run by a user. This is not supported on Windows Vista systems, only Windows 7 and newer. Included code to delete the legacy updater.exe file that may be left over after updating to a new version that no longer requires the use of the updater.exe program. Included some additional tweaks to the code that detects if a system has System Restore enabled. Included checks to see if system restore is enabled on a system when using the jumplist tasks to create restore points, this check was missing before. Added some additional checks if system restore is enabled during the creation of scheduled restore points, this check was missing before. Fixed bug when creating runtime tasks. Fixed an issue in which creating restore points on newly installed Windows installations was broken. Introduced more logging for scheduled restore point creation tasks. This can be disabled if you want to but the default option is enabled. Enabling this option will result in more data being logged to the Application Event Log for debugging and informational purposes. Fixed deletion of selected restore points in the list on the main window. Fixed an issue in which the confirmation asking if you want to delete a selected restore point got lost behind other windows. Added a "Fix Runtime Tasks" tool to the System Restore Point Utilities menu. Put some additional checks when executing the runtime tasks and a routine to automate the repair of runtime tasks if specific settings for them were changed. Changed the behavior of the routine to delete selected restore points to be less confusing in terms of messages at the end of the process. Got rid of the progress bar near the top of the window when deleting selected restore points. Fixed the Auto Fix function in which it didn't close the window after successfully performing the fix on the Reserved Space for System Drive tool which appears when the program detects when reserved system restore space is getting full. The program now remembers the location on the screen of more windows than just the main window. The initial window starting location will be at the top of the screen but after that the program will remember where you put it. Fixed a possible issue that prevented the system reboot command from executing, thanks goes out to hiro for reporting this issue.

Many thanks goes out to Willem Grooters for pointing out many of these issues and working with me to fix them.
Instalator:

Portable:

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 4.7 Build 9
August 21, 2016 -- Version 4.7 Build 9
I know that this version is out of sync with the regular update schedule but issues cropped up that needed to be fixed. The next update that's scheduled for September 1st will be pushed back to September 15th.

The most important change in this new version is that I added some additional checks and safeguards as well as introduced logging to both the extraction routines and updating routines that occur when updating the application. You do have the ability to turn off the extended logging during updating but of course if something goes wrong it will be harder to figure out what went wrong.

Because of an issue that cropped up with the setting of the runtime tasks for multi-run mode in the last major release, the feature was removed from Build 2. That feature has been re-introduced in this Public Beta build but in a different way.

* Fixed a regression on the Mount Shadow Copy Tool that caused an Explorer window not to be opened upon mounting. This didn't cause an issue with mounting the actual shadow copy, just the opening of Explorer.
* Fixed an issue in the wmi.searchForProcessAndKillIt() function in which even with double-checking if a process ID exists, things can go wrong and cause an exception to occur. This has been fixed by simply wrapping the process kill() function with a Try-Catch block to trap a possible error when killing a process. Thanks goes out to Gerard Chantal for reporting this issue to me.
* Introduced some date verification code into the Task Scheduler tool when loading the tool to solve a possible crash issue.
* Changed the default option setting for Log Restore Point Deletions to enabled.
* Cleaned up some code for the Task Wrapper.
Instalator:

Portable:

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 4.8 Build 2
September 15, 2016 -- Version 4.8 Build 2
Fixed a small bug where the String StartsWith() function caused a crash. Thanks goes out to Nigel Glover, Kurt Bremer, and "abakanli" for reporting this issue to me.

September 14, 2016 -- Version 4.8 Build 1
The update that was normally scheduled for September 1st, 2016 was pushed off to the 14th due to the update that I had to push out back in August on the 21st. So to make it so that users don't complain about too many updates, I pushed this update up by a whole half month. Of course this makes it so that many of these fixes get far more testing than in the past so maybe that's a good thing. Also, this new version is a day early since I'm going to be too busy to push this version out tomorrow (September 15th).

Anyways, onto the massive list of fixes by bullet point. I've decided to format the update notifications in bullet point format for easier reading instead of a huge wall of text.

* Made it so that the routine that loads the list of restore points from the system into the listbox on the main window waits 750 milliseconds so as to allow the main window to catch up and be shown to the user.
* The Please Wait window will no longer show on the taskbar.
* Put some additional checks into the code for deletion of temporary files after the update is complete.
* Some additional minor tweaks to the code.
* Introduced the multirun mode for the Task Wrapper on Windows Vista since Windows Vista does support it.
* Fixed an issue with the program asking if you really wanted to make the restore point.
* Fixed a long standing issue in which the Please Wait window that first appears when the program loads while loading the system restore points into the list appears in the upper-left corner of the screen. This was caused by the Please Wait window not being opened in the right program thread. The same issue existed when downloading updates, with the Disk Space Usage tool, the Official Contact Form, the manual crash submission form, and the crash submission form that is presented when the program encounters a crash.
* Fixed a possible hang on close of the program that could occur if the Check for Updates thread routine doesn't finish properly.
* Multiple bugs were fixed in the HTTPHelper class that the program uses for the checking and downloading updates. This included fixing a couple of memory/object leaks. Updated the HTTPHelper class to version 1.180.
* Fixed a possible NullReferenceException that may occur in the savePreferenceToRegistry() function on the main window.
* Fixed a typo in the code in the savePreferenceToRegistry() function in which it wasn't passing the right variable as the first argument to the Registry SetValue function.
* The application update process now doesn't download the compressed ZIP package from my web site to disk, it instead downloads the data into system RAM and holds it there temporarily. This makes it so that we don't write any unnecessary data to disk. For those who are geeks, I'm using a system RAM backed IO.MemoryStream() to hold the downloaded ZIP file in.
* Fixed an exception that could occur if the user.config file was corrupted in some way.
* Included several improvements to the code across the entire program that deals with scheduled tasks. This includes better validation of task settings.
* Put some safeguards into the Disk Space Usage tool to make sure that the window's handle has been created and if not, code is been put into force the window to create the handle before anything else happens.
* The Manage System Restore Storage Space tool wasn't loading the saved location, it was saving it but it wasn't loading it; this has been fixed.
* Included some cleanup code when closing out the Official Contact Form to delete any possible files created by the window such as when you want to attach the application logs.
* Optimized much of the code used to parse Boolean values from the application's System Registry key.
* Added some additional logging when updating the program.
* Fixed a possible crash on startup while attempting to delete the old updater.exe file that was used in the past to facilitate the updating of the program. This was because the program was trying to delete the file while the program was still running. This has been fixed by putting in a thread sleep command to wait for the program to close before attempting to delete it after killing the process.
* Included some minor code optimizations.
* Added some Alt hotkeys to the Yes and No buttons to the Update Notification window.
* Added a countdown of 30 seconds until the Yes button is pressed for you on the Update Notification window.
* Rewrote the process search and kill code to use Windows API calls instead of the WMI. This is in an effort to try to minimize the dependence on the WMI and use more traditional Windows API calls instead. Using more traditional Windows API calls is more efficient than using the WMI due to the latencies involved in creating a connection to the WMI and querying it.
* Optimized much of the String comparison code in the program and most importantly improved the performance of the CaseInsensitiveContains() function by no longer relying on slower RegEx-based code.
Instalator:

Portable:

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 5.0 Build 1

This version isn't nearly packed with changes as the last version but oh well, it still needed to be released. Yes, I know these changes are pretty boring compared to the last list of changes. I also know that this build is a bit early as well, one day early; oh well.

* Removed some unneeded legacy functions from the program's code.
* Removed a hack from the code that I wasn't particularly proud of; it was an ugly hack.
* Fixed some issues with the thread watchdog timers; added a Finally to the code construct.
* Moved the code for setting the size of a drive's Volume Shadow Copy storage space into a separate sub-routine.
* Fixed an issue in which the Confirm Restore Point Deletion window didn't appear in the center of the main window when it appeared.
* Removed the white background from the Confirm Restore Point Deletion dialog, it looked ugly as sin. I was trying to recreate the look of a dialog message on Windows 10 but in the end it looked like crap.
* Added the ability to show the version of the program in the title bar as well as the ability to disable it.
* Added the ability to save and reload the location of the Manually Submit Crash window.
* Added case insensitive handling of the configuration backup files to the restore routine.
* Changed some code to no longer rely on older deprecated Microsoft .NET APIs. If these changes cause issues in the future I can revert those commits.
* Fixed an issue in which clicking on the "Manage System Restore Space" label on the View Disk Space Usage tool would load the Manage System Restore Space tool but not load the previously saved location of the window on the screen.
* Optimized the subroutine used to resize the disk space usage colored bars when resizing the View Disk Space Usage tool.

Restore Point Creator 5.0 Build 2

Forgot one bit of code, specifically the bit of code that removes the version string from the title bar of the main window when you uncheck the item in the menu. Also moved that menu item to be a sub-item of Additional Options and Settings.

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 5.1 Build 1
October 14, 2016 -- Version 5.1 Build 1
This version includes a number of fixes and improvements to the program.

* Fixed many of the message box title strings to not use the main window title's as the basis for the title of the message box, it's now using a hard-coded string.
* Corrected the spelling of the word "weird" in many parts of the program, I had it spelled as "wierd" which is wrong.
* Changed much of the code used to get the active power plan's GUID from the system.
* Removed the part of the code that changes the setting for the active power plan when the system is on battery power.
* Added formatting of large numbers to the Application Event Log.
* Added new SRSetRestorePointW() as a fall-back API to the program as a backup to the WMI method of creating restore points.
* Added new code to hopefully handle errors from the system restore APIs better than in the past.
* Added some minor code optimizations that have to do with empty String checks.
* Added better error messages for when a WebException occurs. Thanks goes out to "Shannon" for bringing this to my attention.
* Fixed first line of About message box, it should not be getting the name of the program from the main window's title bar.
* Fixed Balloon Tip title bar to not be based upon the main window's title bar.
* Removed some unnecessary error messages when my server doesn't respond properly.
* Increased the amount of time the program waits on an HTTP timeout from 10 seconds to 30 seconds.
* Moved much of the error handling for HTTP requests to a central error handler on the main window.
* Includes some additional fixes for the Create Restore Point at User Logon task.

There were a few changes/commits that didn't make it into this version and have been held back in the "dev" branch of the program from which public betas and release candidate versions are built. I built this general release version from version 5.0 Build 8 Release Candidate 3's code snapshot and cherry picked one additional commit from later in the "dev" branch to build this public release version. Some of the changes I made in later release candidates just weren't ready to be released yet and need more testing to make sure that those changes are stable.
Instalator:

Portable:

Do góry