alco

Bardzo aktywny
Ekspert
Reakcje/Polubienia
**Current** Version 1.0.7.5 January 9, 2019

Further refined the EFI synchronization proccess for greater consistency
in some unusual situations.
Added a query facility to the Reboot utility.
Minor fixes to the GUI and help files.

Version 1.0.7.4 January 7, 2019
Refined the EFI synchronization proccess for machines where
the GNU Grub modules are installed to the EFI partition.
Minor fixes to the GUI.

Version 1.0.7.3 January 5, 2019
Optional install of all GNU Grub modules to your EFI partition.
This is only needed if your Windows partitions are encrypted.
Most users should continue installing to a normal NTFS partition.
Enhanced the options for unattended batch setup of Grub2Win.
Renewed the SSL signing certificate. It will now expire in January 2020.

Version 1.0.7.2 December 18, 2018
Grub2Win now has the ability to browse directories and edit files in your EFI partition.
You can also copy directories and files to or from your EFI partition.
Directories and files can also be renamed and deleted.
Clover EFI for OSX can now be downloaded and installed by Grub2Win while you are running Windows.
This makes it easier to set up OSX boot for Hackintosh machines.

Version 1.0.7.1 December 11, 2018
Improved support for older machines with mixed mode 64 / 32 bit EFI firmware.
Old 32 bit EFI firmware sometimes causes problems at boot time.
Consolidated the settings for Grub2Win into a single file.

Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj się aby zobaczyć!

alco

Bardzo aktywny
Ekspert
Reakcje/Polubienia
Version 1.0.7.9 February 2, 2019

You can now add your own custom theme backgrounds, icons and clockfaces.

Your files will be stored in the C:\grub2\userfiles directory.
They will be preserved when Grub2Win is run multiple times or upgraded.

See the User Files topic in Grub2Win help for details.

Note: Users who currently have custom icon files should move them.
The new icon location is the C:\grub2\userfiles\user.icons directory.

Version 1.0.7.8 January 31, 2019
Minor fixes to the GUI and help files.

alco

Bardzo aktywny
Ekspert
Reakcje/Polubienia
Version 1.0.8.2

omplete rewrite of the partition scan routines using low level disk reads.

This allows Grub2Win to obtain label, UUID and filesystem information
from Linux and Apple filesystems as well as Windows.

I am working on a release of Grub2Win that will use this data to help build
the grub.cfg file.

For now, you can see the new partition data in the Grub2Win disk report.

** Credit goes to Joakim Schicht and his PartDump utility. **
** I used his code as a model for building partition information. **

Many Thanks Joakim!

I have included code to handle most common partition types. If you encouter
a partition type error message, please notify me so I can fix it.

Since this release has many changes, I have left old release 1.0.8.1 available
On SourceForge as file grub2win.1081.zip. Just in case.

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Grub2Win 2.0.0.2
**Current**Version 2.0.0.2March 14, 2019 Code cleanup for the partition scan modules. Added disk drive sector size to the disk report Added partition code "82" which was missing, to the partition scan routines. Please let me know if you encounter any problems with this new release. I will be monitoring the SourceForge discussion board closely. Since this release has many changes, I have left old release 1.0.8.1 available On SourceForge as file grub2win.oldrelease.1081.zip Just in case.

Version 2.0.0.1March 12, 2019 ** This is a major release and changes the way Grub2Win finds partitions. ** When you run Grub2Win, the program now scans your disk drives searching for Linux extx and Btrfs partitions. It obtains the UUID's and partition labels. Then a Linux partition database is built. When you add a new Linux menu entry, Grub2Win refers to the database to offer you partition addresses, UUID's and labels for selection. You can see the partition scan results by running Grub2Win "System Info" then run the disk report.

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Grub2Win 2.0.2.4
**Current**Version 2.0.0.4March 24, 2019 Fixed a bug in the custom code generation routine that, in very specific circumstances, prevented custom code from being properly created. Enhanced the custom code edit routines for improved reliability. Added partition codes "4F" and "EF" to the partition codes table. Added these two GPT Partition codes Sony Boot PartitionF4019732-066E-4E12-8273-346C5641494F Lenovo Boot PartitionBFBFAFE7-A34F-448A-9A5B-6213EB736C22 Please let me know if you encounter any problems with this new release. I will be monitoring the SourceForge discussion board closely.

Version 2.0.0.3March 17, 2019 Further refinements to the new partition scan modules. Added diagnostic routines to help detect BCD corruption errors on EFI systems.

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Grub2Win 2.0.2.5
Version 2.0.0.5March 25, 2019 Automated the diagnostic process. When you click the blue "Diagnostics" button on the main Grub2Win screen, diagnostic data will be created and compressed as file C:\grub2\diagnose.7z A customized email will then be created with the To: address and subject filled in. All you need do is attach the C:\grub2\diagnose.7z file and send the email. Please let me know if you encounter any problems with this new release. I will be monitoring the SourceForge discussion board closely.

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Grub2Win
Version 2.0.1.2May 4, 2019 ** Important Note ** This is a major release of Grub2Win with several structural changes. Please be sure to make a copy of your C:\grub2 directory as a backup. You can then simply restore your C:\grub2 directory copy if you run into any problems. Corrected an error in the submenu default selection variable. Version 2.0.1.1May 3, 2019 Moved the custom and submenu code from C:\grub2\grub.cfg to C:\grub2\userfiles\user.config. Your code will be converted on the first run of this release of Grub2Win. Minor improvements and fixes to the previous configuration scan routines. Moved the standard functions code to a position early in the grub.cfg file. This is to prevent user syntax errors from affecting the standard functions. Refreshed Clover to level 4920. Version 2.0.0.9April 15, 2019 Added a "Set Grub2Win As The Default" button that appears when appropriate. Improvements to the BCD parse and restore routines for greater reliability. Added the SetAsDefault option to the setup program parms. Added some additional diagnostic code to the BCD parse routines. Note: Your Grub2Win EFI modules will be updated to level 133 with this release. Version 2.0.0.8April 6, 2019 Several improvements to the partition scan routines. Utilization is now shown for Linux Ext4, Ext3, Ext2 and Btrfs filesystems, as well as the filesystem label and partition UUID. Updates to the GUI and help files. Version 2.0.0.7April 3, 2019 Minor changes to the GUI and enhancements to the setup routines. Version 2.0.0.6March 30, 2019 Improved the detection of various boot menu errors. Enhanced the extended partition detection scan routine. Improvements to the diagnostics email routine. Minor enhancements to the GUI.

Do góry