Restore Point Creator

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 3.2 Build 3

This is a minor update. Unified the crash data that’s written to the system event log so that it matches the format that’s displayed in the primary crash window for handled exceptions

Restore Point Creator 3.2 Build 4

Final preparations are in place for Windows 10 support. The Enable “My Computer” Right-Click Option in Program Options/Settings has been removed for Windows 10. It is HIGHLY recommended that if you plan on upgrading to Windows 10 that you launch System Restore Point Creator and disable this in the program BEFORE you upgrade to Windows 10. Apparently Microsoft doesn’t want anyone adding anything to the “My Computer” context menu. Don’t ask me, I don’t have a clue why; you’d have to ask Microsoft about that one.

Restore Point Creator 3.2 Build 5

The app’s manifest file has been updated to include the GUID for Windows 10.

Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj się aby zobaczyć!

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 3.2 Build 9

Includes some fixes for the inablity to create scheduled tasks on some systems.

Restore Point Creator 3.2 Build 10

Includes a fix to the deleteSystemRestorePoint() function in which a crash may occur if there's a negative index. This should usually never occur but a fix is in place for it. Thanks goes out to Charles Billow for reporting this issue to me.

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 3.2 Build 11

Moved the program load time update checking routine to a separate thread. This should help decrease the amount of time the program takes to load when checking for an update at program load.

Restore Point Creator 3.2 Build 12

Fixed an issue in the getNewestSystemRestorePointID() function in which an ArgumentOutOfRangeException may occur.
Fixed an issue in the createRestorePoint() function in which an UnauthorizedAccessException may occur. The program has been instructed not to specifically crash but to tell the user that system permission settings seem to not allow system restore points to be created on the system

Restore Point Creator 3.2 Build 13

Added the ability to tell the scheduled System Restore Point task to wake the computer if in sleep mode. You can find this setting in the Task Scheduler window. I don't guarantee that this will work for your system, your particular system's hardware (ie. motherboard and system drivers) must be able to support this feature of the Windows Task Scheduler. If your system doesn't support this feature there's nothing I can do. All I'm doing is providing the option to enable this feature of the Windows Task Scheduler.

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 3.2 Build 14

Included code to check Windows Power Plan settings to make sure that the system is setup properly to wake from Sleep Mode. Again, I don't guarantee that this will work for your system, your particular system's hardware (ie. motherboard and system drivers) must be able to support this feature of the Windows Task Scheduler.

Restore Point Creator 3.2 Build 15

Fixed a Null Reference Exception in the checkIfActivePowerPlanIsSetProperlyForWakingFromSleep() function on those machines that had a missing Registry key. Why some machines were missing this particular (and important) Registry key and others weren't, I have no idea. I assumed that because this particular Registry key was important for even Windows to have, it would exist on every machine

A

Anonymous

Restore Point Creator 3.2 Build 18

Version 3.2 Build 18 changes
- Included an alternative method to the checkIfActivePowerPlanIsSetProperlyForWakingFromSleep() function to retrieve the active power profile’s GUID using powercfg.exe if and when we can’t retrieve it using the WMI. Thanks goes out to Will Friend for working with me on fixing this issue. Set a minimum size for the change log viewing window.

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 3.2 Build 19

Included the ability to tell the program not to check the Windows Active Power Plan, the default option is to check it. This setting is stored in the Windows Registry. System Administrators can disable this option in the program by creating a Registry String value in the program's Registry key (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Restore Point Creator) called "Check Windows Active Power Plan" with a value of "False". Included the ability to tell the program to silently modify the Windows Active Power Plan and not tell you anything, the default option is to tell you. Included a third way to retrieve the GUID of the Windows Active Power Plan. The process is as follows... check WMI, if that fails the program falls back to read the GUID from the Registry, and finally if that second option fails, it calls upon powercfg.exe.

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia

Tadek59

Bardzo aktywny
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 3.3 Build 1

Link:

First version 3.3 build. Fixed a regression in which setting the system up for Safe Mode boot was broken.

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 3.3 Build 3

Included detection of server editions of Windows and have instructed the program to tell the user that the program is incompatible with server editions of Windows and that the program will close. Moved the mention of a "debug build" to the About program dialog. The crash data now mentions if the particular build you're run is a debug build.

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 3.3 Build 4

Included a seamless way of switching to the debug build for troubleshooting issues that users may have. Put in a workaround for systems that seem to have an issue with launching the default web browser.

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 3.3 Build 5

Fixed resizing of the Event Log Viewer in which the table pane moved with the window resize when it shouldn't have been.
Fixed a typo on the main window. URLs are now being launched in system's default web browser. This will probably be the last build for quite awhile, the program is quite stable at the moment so... Why mess with a good thing?

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 3.3 Build 6

Implemented a workaround for a rare issue in which the closing of the Please Wait window causes the program to crash when creating Restore Points.

fluid

super saiyajin...
Fąfel
Reakcje/Polubienia
Restore Point Creator 3.3 Build 7

Fixed a rare System.ObjectDisposedException issue when loading the program. Thanks goes out to William Broge for reporting this issue.

Do góry