BloatyNosy / BloatynosyAI / Winpilot

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Winpilot 2024.6.1
Changelog
  • Clippy's Interactions Split: I separated Clippy’s speech bubble from the assisted actions. Lots of users found the big bubble with buttons annoying, as it covered parts of the UI. Now, Clippy is less of a bother
    Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj się aby zobaczyć!
  • Top-Bar Recommendations: Recommendations are now shown at the top, like what Microsoft’s doing with the Settings app and Copilot
  • Updated "assisted" Debloat Signatures for better performance
  • Light/Dark Mode Toggle Moved: Now you can switch modes in the Settings/Three-dot menu
  • Better Error Handling: Improved exception handling for those annoying startup errors when the UI frontend doesn’t load, often because the Evergreen Bootstrapper for WebView2 is missing

Ostatnia edycja:

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Winpilot 2024.6.13
Winpilot now comes also in a native retro version called Clipilot.
Along with this, the database has been updated to enhance compatibility between them. As many of you know, Winpilot primarily operates as a web app relying on the Edge WebView2 engine. Back then, there was a significant outcry when I bid farewell to Bloatynosy for this reason alone. Well, with the retro version of Winpilot - Clipilot - we now have a native desktop app again, which may not be prettier but certainly gets things done faster. Both versions are being developed in parallel and available for download.
. In this version, even Clippy has jumped out of his app bubble and is causing mischief on the desktop.
Here to the right, the native retro version Clipilot

I'm curious which app version you'll opt for in the future.

Ostatnia edycja:

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Winpilot 2024.6.15
You can now decide whether you want to use the intelligent web app with the WebView2/Edge Engine (Winpilot) or the classic desktop version (Clipilot). Both apps use the same dataset. The latter Clipilot now also hosts the old Bloatynosy modules.
. Perhaps I will start a survey regarding usage preferences, whether for the web app or classic desktop, to establish a direction.

For those who have completely uninstalled Edge, Clipilot is recommended as it does not require the framework.

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Winpilot 2024.6.19
After I gave Winpilot ("WebApp") a modern look with a classic Win32 desktop app two weeks ago - the project ran in parallel and could optionally be downloaded as Clipilot - the feedback was overwhelming, and a
is now almost unnecessary.
I received over 130 messages via email alone - that really wasn't necessary, folks, but yes, I agree with you - I should indeed strip the web core from Winpilot.
Given that Microsoft has recently taken the "wrong" direction again by turning its nice (not perfect but good) UWP-era Mail and Calendar app into a PWA, I wasn't particularly thrilled, to put it mildly. Quite the opposite, I will banish this app in the business environment. Apart from the fact that the app is a resource monster - PWAs rely heavily on JavaScript, which is more resource-intensive than native code, especially for complex applications like web clients - this app stores login data for IMAP accounts on Microsoft's servers, and that's simply too much for me!
Well, I don't want to digress. Winpilot is getting rid of the Edge WebView2 foundation and will return to being a classic application. Don't be surprised if "Clipilot" appears in the title bar at startup; this is the start module of the Clippy assistant. All other classic modules are named Winpilot, just like the app itself.

The old Winpilot app, based on the WebView2 core, will become Winpilot Legacy and will continue to be available for download. It may receive occasional updates, and it has currently been downloaded around 2 million times.
Here are some advantages of the new "old" classic Win32 desktop app
  • Transitioned the app to a "native" implementation, removing the need for WebView2
  • The app operates with minimal resource consumption and loads up to 70% faster
  • The app utilizes optimized yet classic Bloatynosy modules. The first two (CoTweaker Setup and Decrapify) have already been completely rewritten
  • Improved logging and system monitoring through Clippy; all settings are logged in the Clippy Bubble
  • The app no longer requires admin rights and must be manually granted, as Clippy prefers it that way
  • The Clippy character/appearance can be customized
  • Clippy can also be disabled
  • No Copilot support for now, but we may consider integrating Copilot with Clippy as our mascot in the future

Ostatnia edycja:

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Winpilot 2024.6.21
  • The Setup module now features a full-fledged GUI solution for TheBobPony's MSEdgeTweaker script, available at
  • Fixed a critical bug in the Setup/CoTweaker module where Clippy automatically set recommended settings with admin rights
  • Seamless integration of several modules into the chat window, such as Apps Installer and Plugins (see the preview)
  • The Refresh now also updates its recommendations
  • Resolved several bugs in AI classes related to Copilot
  • Clippy can now theoretically be replaced by other mascots like Copilot. Just place PNG files of your choice into the app/assets folder and configure it in your settings
  • Numerous UI refinements

Ostatnia edycja:

Camel1965

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Winpilot 2024.6.23
Due to the integration of Microsoft EdgeTweaker settings, all damn fuc* AV engines flagged the last release.** You gotta understand, it's just policy settings tweaked with a reg key. I've now removed the integration. Apparently, many users couldn't use the app despite whitelisting, which I find hard to believe.

Ostatnia edycja:
Do góry