josephine

Bardzo aktywny
Zasłużony
Reakcje/Polubienia
Californication is available free to play on itch.io.

Do you remember video for “Californication” by Red Hot Chili Peppers? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to play a video game based of music video? Well, now you don't have to! Developer Miquel Camps Orteza has created a fully-fledged video game based on the 1999 track:

Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj się aby zobaczyć!

Californication
PxNYVRh.jpg

Red Hot Chili Peppers' music video for “Californication,” released in 2000, depicts the band members within the CGI world of a 3D video game. Now, after 22 years, someone has created a real video game based on the music video.

The game was made by developer Miquel Camps Orteza, who uploaded it to the indie game platform itch.io. It allows players to select a member of the Chili Peppers and then collect asterisks logos in in one of seven California environments from the video. This includes swimming in the ocean, snowboarding down a mountain, flying past skyscrapers on a dragonfly and running through the Redwood forest.

Indie developer Miquel Camps Orteza about game Californication:
“I wanted to play that game so bad! It's 2022 and i haven't seen anyone made the game so I challenged myself to create it. I have selected some epic moments from the video and turned into 7 levels each one with different game mechanics, I hope you like this game.”

The game is more of a demo of sorts and features seven smaller-scale levels recreated right from the game. There's also a nifty button that will start a loop of the Californication music video so you can listen as you play for that authentic late 90s experience.

Music:
The game doesn't contain music, you can find some buttons in the game with some youtube links to play the official Californication song or some covers if you want to play on streaming.

Controls:
Move =
PC Arrow keys / Controller Joystick
Jump = PC Space / PS controller square / Xbox A
Change camera = PC C key / PS controller triangle / Xbox Y
Change snowboard board = PC B key / PS controller circle / Xbox X
Show/Hide HUD (life, coins, map) = PC H key / PS controller L1 / Xbox L1
Pause = PC ESC key / PS controller Pause / Xbox R3 (right joystick click)

Problems:
Are you Apple user? I recommend you to read this tutorial to run the game on Mac:

Ostatnia edycja:
Do góry