OXYGEN THIEF

Bardzo aktywny
Członek Załogi
Administrator
Reakcje/Polubienia
Miasto
Trololololo
AppGuard 4.2.8.1 beta

There's another version of the beta to try. This should fix the issue with the license that people reported. Thanks to anyone willing to give it a try:

Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj się aby zobaczyć!

A

Anonymous

Merry Christmas (I think!). I have gotten approval to release a beta this week with some new features. It may slip into next week because of our engineers/testers holiday schedule, but I'm actually hoping that they can complete it by Wednesday. When we're closer to having the release finalized, I'll provide a list of features that made it into this release.
Coś pięknego...tylko czy jak wyjdzie beta z nowym numerkiem to nasze kluczyki będą działać :scratch .

OXYGEN THIEF

Bardzo aktywny
Członek Załogi
Administrator
Reakcje/Polubienia
Miasto
Trololololo
Hornet napisał:
Merry Christmas (I think!). I have gotten approval to release a beta this week with some new features. It may slip into next week because of our engineers/testers holiday schedule, but I'm actually hoping that they can complete it by Wednesday. When we're closer to having the release finalized, I'll provide a list of features that made it into this release.
Coś pięknego...tylko czy jak wyjdzie beta z nowym numerkiem to nasze kluczyki będą działać :scratch .
Będą, a nowa beta wyjdzie troszkę później
While I'm on here, I should mention that the beta version of 4.3 will most likely be available later next week. Too many people on vacation this week to get it out sooner. Sorry for setting unrealistic expectations.

Elvis

Bardzo aktywny
Ekspert
Reakcje/Polubienia
The beta is now ready for anyone who is interested. Please email us at appguard@blueridge.com and we will send you a link and a license (though you can upgrade your previous version and use your existing license if you want). Please include your Wilders Identity.

New in this release:

Locked down is no longer on the main GUI (can still get to it from the tray menu) and Medium is changed to “Protected” .
Enhanced Alerts: The ability to display Toasters and Popups are added for all blocking events. Toasters are those little messages that popup periodically in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Check boxes for these options appear on the Alerts tab. Please let us know your thoughts on these. Are they a nuisance? Since the defaults are still set to be similar to the current ones (where only blocked launches and access to the private folders are reported), they shouldn't be any more annoying than now, but let us know. Experiment with these also. I've turned the toasters on for all events and I find it interesting, but novice users may be alarmed and request support. If you know how AppGuard works, then it may interest you, but if you don't it might be alarming.
The “AppGuard Stopped <xx> suspicious activities” toaster will now appear approximately every 3 hours. Is this too annoying?
Minimize buttons were added for the main GUI and the AppGuard Activity Report.
The AppGuard Activity Report can how be resized horizontally (i.e. made wider).
New Driver for Windows 8 and above only. If you are on Windows 10, if you can test opening Office documents that are Outlook attachments that would be appreciated. Also test calendar operations in Outlook
New Policy Settings:
New Publishers:
<tcOrganization>McAfee, Inc.</tcOrganization><tcLocation>Santa Clara</tcLocation><tcState>Oregon</tcState><tcCountry>US</tcCountry>
<tcOrganization> Oracle America, Inc. </tcOrganization><tcLocation>Redwood Shores</tcLocation><tcState>California</tcState><tcCountry>US</tcCountry>
<tcOrganization>Intuit</tcOrganization><tcLocation>Mountain View</tcLocation><tcState>California</tcState><tcCountry>US</tcCountry>
<tcOrganization>Citrix Online</tcOrganization><tcLocation>Fort Lauderdale</tcLocation><tcState>Florida</tcState><tcCountry>US</tcCountry>
<tcOrganization>Cisco WebEx LLC</tcOrganization><tcLocation>San Jose</tcLocation><tcState>California</tcState><tcCountry>US</tcCountry>
<tcOrganization>Cisco WebEx LLC</tcOrganization><tcLocation>Santa Clara</tcLocation><tcState>California</tcState><tcCountry>US</tcCountry>
<tcOrganization>LogMeIn, Inc.</tcOrganization><tcLocation>Boston</tcLocation><tcState>Massachusetts</tcState><tcCountry>US</tcCountry>
New exception Folders:
c:\windows\system32\spool\printers
c:\program files\adobe\adobe\pcd
c:\program files\adobe\slcache
c:\$recycle.bin
Embedded wildcards (?, *) for user-space and power apps are now supported.
A bug was fixed where some blocked launches (out of System32 and Syswow64 directories) were not being reported properly. BTW, this bug was reported by Cutting_Edgetech (Thanks again).

Thanks in advance!

Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj się aby zobaczyć!

Elvis

Bardzo aktywny
Ekspert
Reakcje/Polubienia
Hornet masz link do ściągnięcia tej bety ??

A

Anonymous

Posłuchaj Królu...sprawa jest o wiele bardziej skomplikowana niż Ci się wydaje...odśwież stronę :klawik. .

A

Anonymous

-instalujcie na czysto bo nakładka zmienia tylko numer buildu.

Edit.Jednak jest "Locked Down" :klawik. Siedzi w trayu (w głównym oknie programu jest niewidoczny).Ale bezsensownie go ukryli :dziwak .

OXYGEN THIEF

Bardzo aktywny
Członek Załogi
Administrator
Reakcje/Polubienia
Miasto
Trololololo
A few more points about Beta:

We are going to limit the beta to those that are already familiar with AppGuard. If you have changed your email address, it would be helpful if you include your current License ID (available on the Help->About menu item) so that our Ops people can find you in our system.
You can upgrade your current version (vs. uninstall and re-install).
We understand that many of you use Locked Down and will probably not like the removal of it from the GUI, but think about this from the perspective of an average user. Our view is that with the Medium (now just "Protected") level, you are Protected from all* malware. We do all of our live malware testing and demonstrations using the current Medium level. Having Locked Down was confusing people and causing their updates to fail resulting in increased customer support calls. In fact many here were pushing to remove Locked Down all together. Also, as I was modifying the help in support of the new UI, things became much simpler to describe (this leads me to believe that this change is moving in the right direction!).

* Of course no product can make the claim to be able to stop 100% of malware, but we have yet to find something in the wild that gets past AppGuard in the Medium (now "Protected" level).

With the new build, when in "Locked Down" you will see the "Locked Down" at the top of the slider panel and the icon in the "AppGuard" banner will indicate that it is in Locked Down, but you will not be able to select "Locked Down" from the slider bar.

A

Anonymous

Coś mi się wydaje,że powoli będą zawijać interes dla zwykłego użytkownika...i wcale mnie to nie dziwi...wszak infantylizm jest teraz w modzie...np.ESET to najlepsze zabezpieczenie komputera :szydera .
A co do tych 100% to jak nie było łamiącego sampla tak nie ma :klawik. .

OXYGEN THIEF

Bardzo aktywny
Członek Załogi
Administrator
Reakcje/Polubienia
Miasto
Trololololo
raczej nie, przecież potrzebują testerów a nikt w firmach którym sprzedają AG nie będzie tego robił.

Elvis

Bardzo aktywny
Ekspert
Reakcje/Polubienia
Jeden user na malwaretips pisał, że podobno od wersji 5 mają wprowadzić nowy model licencjonowania i być może będą np. roczne licencje. To na razie nic pewnego, ale kto wie.

Do góry