AppGuard - wersje rozwojowe

A

Anonymous

Elvis_JXL napisał:
Jeden user na malwaretips pisał, że podobno od wersji 5 mają wprowadzić nowy model licencjonowania i być może będą np. roczne licencje.
Na tą wersję 5 to sobie długo poczekamy...

Elvis

Bardzo aktywny
Ekspert
Reakcje/Polubienia
Here is a link for the latest beta update:
Zaloguj lub Zarejestruj się aby zobaczyć!
. I'll provide more details later, but this version has the following fixes/enhancements:

1.Power apps in (x86) or system32 should have the correct paths shown in the GUI.
2.Java runtime programs are now Guarded (you might have to reboot to actually see these in your list and of course they need to be installed).
3.When adding user-space and other folder/file policies, AppGuard will remember the last path.
4.Jar files are now prohibited from running from user-space.
5.You can now delete schtasks.exe and at.exe from your policy if you desire (but we DO NOT recommend that).
6.You can update from 4.x without uninstalling first.

OXYGEN THIEF

Bardzo aktywny
Członek Załogi
Administrator
Reakcje/Polubienia
Miasto
Trololololo
Latest beta is here:

By popular demand this version allows jar files to run, but Guards java executables. A bug was fixed where AppGuard was not adding JRE exes in x64 program files directory to the Guard list. Also, the IMDisk issues are "fixed" in the sense that AppGuard will not allow you to add rules for the folders because IMDisk is not reporting a proper volume name to the OS. Those that already have some IMDisk rules in their policy may have to restore to defaults to see the fix. You can now add up to 32 power apps.

A

Anonymous

AppGuard beta 4.3.12.1.

These are the changes:

1. “Unrecoverable” message wording has been changed to less intimidating wording. This message appearing is actually a "feature" to warn when an invalid rule has been set. I think the original wording was unfortunate because it led even me to think that there was a crash situation (and I even approved the original wording so I have no excuse except that I'm old).
2. Bug fix for the publisher settings flakiness reported yesterday.
3. Bug fix for a bug our QA department found (I almost hate to tell you all about this one because it might get you looking for more like these): Select one of the "Allow xxxx Launches" menu options. The icon will change to show lowered protection. Click on the "Customize" button on the main GUI. The icon changes to show that protection is on (but it isn't!). I actually wanted to mention what caused this bug. For some reason (unfortunately the developer can't remember why and he didn't leave a good comment in the code or the source code repository), when the customize button is clicked, the GUI requests that the policy be updated from the Service) and this request is what causes the status to get out of sync. Anyway, Cutting_EdgeTech, you were right about the delay when clicking on the Customize button. There is a 500 millisecond delay added while waiting for the policy update. You are observant to notice a 1/2 second delay!!!
4. Cutting_EdgeTech's issue with java programs not being discovered (fingers crossed). Actually Cutting did try the fix last night, and it didn't seem to work, but the policy version was incremented in this build so this should force a merge of the new policy with the old policy (and maybe that will set things straight).

Ircus

Bardzo aktywny
Ekspert
Reakcje/Polubienia
AppGuard 4.3.13.1 Beta
There isn't much new in this release:
A broken link to a help page was fixed.
Java apps in the C:\program files folder on x64 systems should be discovered and Guarded (for real this time).
The GUI is now DPI-aware meaning that it should look much better on high-resolution screens.
We are having a release meeting tomorrow and barring any show-stopper bugs we will probably be releasing this version.
Download :

A

Anonymous

Basia informuje :

Soon, Blue Ridge will be announcing version 5.1 of AppGuard which will be available for a yearly subscription fee. In the next month AppGuard 4.x will no longer be available to purchase, but Blue Ridge will continue to support AppGuard 4.x. For the foreseeable future, the features developed for 5.1 will also be included in 4.x. and available to anyone that has previously purchased a 4.x version (and to those willing to beta test).

Because we value this forum to provide feedback and Beta testing, we will periodically make 4.x available on a limited basis to those that wish to participate in beta testing.
I jeszcze dla tych którzy się zestresowali :

No, your current licenses will not work on 5.1, but why do you want to use 5.1? The only difference is the branding and licensing. In the future, 4.x is only going to be available on a limited basis for beta testers and partners. In fact, 4.3 currently has a feature that 5.x does not have yet (the enhanced wildcards). If we deviate from our plan to have 4.x stay in line or ahead of 5.1 we would still want to have Wilders do some beta testing for us and I guess at that time, we would issue some 5.x licenses for anyone volunteering to beta test.
:klawik.

Elvis

Bardzo aktywny
Ekspert
Reakcje/Polubienia
Hornet napisał:
Elvis_JXL napisał:
Jeden user na malwaretips pisał, że podobno od wersji 5 mają wprowadzić nowy model licencjonowania i być może będą np. roczne licencje.
Na tą wersję 5 to sobie długo poczekamy...
Jednak nie tak długo :) Ja już wczoraj ściągnąłem betę 5.1 ale żeby ją uruchomić potrzebna jest licka a triala nie ma :dziwak

A

Anonymous

Elvis_JXL napisał:
Jednak nie tak długo :) Ja już wczoraj ściągnąłem betę 5.1 ale żeby ją uruchomić potrzebna jest licka a triala nie ma :dziwak
Królu-ale Ty chyba nieuważnie czytasz...5 to proteza 4 :) .

OXYGEN THIEF

Bardzo aktywny
Członek Załogi
Administrator
Reakcje/Polubienia
Miasto
Trololololo
Will BRN honor the lifetime (perpetual) usage and license activation support for AppGuard Professional version 4 ?

Yes.

Will there be future bug fixes and enhancements for AppGuard Professional version 4 ?

Bug fixes for any security vulnerabilities. Enhancements, probably not.

Will AppGuard Professional version 4 be the beta-testing platform or will there be an AppGuard Personal version 5 beta-testing license ?

We will be beta testing AppGuard Personal version 5. Beta testers will be issued a perpetual license to version 5.

Do góry